I started maintaining a document that I call the Streamie Master Plan, which outlines the development strategy. It’s a glorified todo list.
One critical feature I’d like to implement is that of Permissions. I would like an administrator to be able to selectively disable any part of the UI as well as control data access. A simple example is that one user might be able to stream a set of cameras, but cannot view or edit any camera configuration. Cameras might cause events, but only some users are privy to them. And so on.
Obviously this feature requires a lot of UI integration, and I’d like to not do that work twice — once for iOS and again for tvOS. Some parts of the UI (such as the Settings tab and the Help tab) are “unified” in that only minimal platform-specific code exists. Streamie v3.12.1 brought the new navigation to iOS. This version will bring those same changes to tvOS _and_ (critically), unify these changes between the platforms much like the Settings and Help tabs.
Once this is complete, I can move on to the Permissions feature.
And that’s exactly what I did and why this release is going to be v3.13.0 and not v3.12.2. There will definitely be some point releases that smooth out UI consistency issues arising from restricting data access with Permission Groups. Standard business accounts will probably get support for defining a single Permission Group, which should be adequate for most people.
- Fixes an issue where the NAS recording Dates screen was relying on the NAS to return the dates in the desired order instead of forcing the sort order.
- Transitions tvOS navigation to match the new iOS Home-tab based navigation. Removes Cameras, Groups, Modules, File Servers, Members from the main tab bar
- Moves Accounts out of the Settings tab and into a tab-bar based option on the Home tab
- Updates all streamiesecurity.com references to streamie.co in the app and server code
- Fixes a label color issue for the Section cells in the new Home tab screen
- Accounts are now sorted alphabetically
- Accounts are now searchable via a navigation-bar text search field (iOS)
- Fixes a cell sizing issue in some places that can occur on smaller screen when rotating between landscape and portrait
- Updates the Help screen so that when tapping on a Tag to view articles related to that topic, that the articles now load in a new screen instead of in-line in the Help screen.
- Fixes the most obnoxious collection view drawing issue that's been haunting me ever since the UI redesign a couple years ago. This issue caused cells to not correctly size their height, resulting in headers / footers drawing on top of cells.
- Fixes a UniFi issue where a camera can have a null "host" value in its config, which we did not previously support
- Fixes an issue where the new Member screen grab image would show up in places where we weren't actually wanting to see that, like when configure a camera or smart device action.
- Miscellaneous improvements to UniFi support
- When a new account in created, it is now automatically assigned a random name
- Device offline alerts now occur thirty seconds after a device disconnects
- Fixes a memory leak related to the Group Edit screen where several instances of the Quilt VC were allocated and never cleaned up
- Fixes an issue with creating a new Group where the scroll direction should have been vertical (not horizontal) and the scale should have been set to 2 (not one).
- Adds support for Permissions Groups with which you can use to restrict access to Cameras, Groups, Modules, etc., and any tab or screen in the app. There are many edge cases for data access and UI functionality that will be smoothed out in future point releases.
- Fixes a number of UniFi compatibility issues related to adopting a device onto a new system without first removing it from an existing system. [DV]
- Fixes a minor oversight where drag-and-drop support was overlooked when refactoring the Home tab. Whoops.
- Adds a "Release Notes" button when the app prompts you regarding an available app update.