It turns out that Apple requires a multicast entitlement to be able to run code that, for instance, discovers ONVIF devices. But that’s worked fine for years. But it also doesn’t work on some of my devices. I eventually figured out that I needed that entitlement. It’s strange that it works flawlessly on some devices. Whatever.
This release includes overhauled SmartThings support, allowing for more customizable event actions and automatic device discovery.
Corresponding with this app release, the backend will give a free, automatic, one month upgrade to each new user account. My hope is that by being able to experience the upgrades, people will be more inclined to pay for them after the month long trial.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements (iOS, tvOS)
- Improves startup and offline behavior & performance (iOS, tvOS)
- Prevents sending log files that are zero-length (iOS, tvOS)
- Rebrands "Cloud Services" to "Streamie Pro" (iOS, tvOS)
- Revamped first-time-user tutorial (iOS, tvOS)
- Staggers stream startups to prevent initial "we are stalled" issues (iOS, tvOS)
- SmartThings v2
- Replace streamer menu view with alert controller (iOS)
- Fixes related to leaving an account and flushing caches (iOS, tvOS)
- Adds event filtering support by camera or smart device (iOS)
- Adds smart event details support (iOS, tvOS)
- Adds D-Link DCS camera support (iOS, tvOS)
- Shows recording dimensions and duration in Event Details (iOS, tvOS)
- Adds social media links to the About screen (iOS)
- Fixes a crash when starting a stream for some cameras (iOS, tvOS)
- Fixes a crash on app-launch (iOS)
- Fixes an issue where ONVIF device discovery did not work on all devices (iOS, tvOS)
- Added the multicast entitlement
- Replace "sharrow" with hamburger button in streamer navigation bar (iOS)
- Adds floating section headers to the events table (iOS)