I always prefer a faster release cadence than what happened here (six weeks), but with a small pile of bug fixes, some significant UI changes (overhauled the Events tab with a collection view) and finally, adding NAS recording support (a truly crazy undertaking), it just took a while.
NAS recording was one of those things where I demonstrated a proof of concept in about a day, but it ended up taking weeks to get it stable and reliable. For some later features I have in mind, I’d like to be able to write out a journal file to the NAS, but I never could get that (writing as an append to a file) working.
- Recording support to SMB file servers
- Limit by number of days, total space, space available
- Only record certain cameras, or with certain devices
- Fixes an issue where one device might overwrite the changes made by another device
- Added server-side version checking to Cameras, Groups, File Servers and Smart Devices
- Also refreshes the object client-side if a write() call fails
- Fixes an issue where the Filter function would fail (and never stop)
- If get-event-details API call failed, the catch() didn't close the modal wait dialog
- Adds multi-account support
- Fixes an issue where the "message" field, when creating a new support ticket, was not editable (tvOS)
- Fixes a half-speed issue when playing G.711Mu 16KHz audio
- Adds Account Profile Edit support (tvOS)
- Improved the Events tab with a customizable grid view (iOS, tvOS)
- Adds on-screen-display when a remote proxy session begins (iOS)
- Fixes a crash that occurs when tapping on a placeholder cell on the Home tab (iOS)
- Improves the Groups add/edit screen (iOS, tvOS)
- Fixes a streaming view layout issue in tvOS 15 (tvOS)
Streamie provides a best-in-class user experience on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Apple Silicon Mac, with an intuitive user interface that makes it simple to discover, stream, record, monitor and share your HomeKit, Google Nest, Ubiquiti UniFi Protect and ONVIF-compatible IP and RTSP cameras. Streamie keeps you informed with motion event notifications and it works with most cameras using its advanced audio and video codec support. You can watch your cameras from anywhere, record 24/7 to your private NAS, remotely manage multiple locations, device permissions and seamlessly synchronize settings across your devices; configure Hubitat smart home automations, live stream to YouTube and rely on the in-app technical support system when you need help (but you can also reach us by phone). Download Streamie today. Lastly, Streamie is solar powered!