I played around with the encoder bitrate settings used when remote streaming, and I found I could cut it way back without any real noticeable change, other than being a lot more reliable across low bandwidth connections, so that was a nice win.
In other news, my new Mac Studio finally arrived and I had a chance to let it stretch its legs by running Streamie with fifty cameras. Check it out. To get this working, I had to figure out whether Streamie was running on a Mac (vs an iOS device) and then increase the max number of cameras in a row from five to ten.
A user reported Streamie compatibility issues with his UniView cameras. I wasn’t able to remotely troubleshoot the exact problem, so I ordered a UniView camera. They have a very unique take on ONVIF events. Event actions in Streamie are based on identifying certain values and hashing them to understand that an event is the same type of event that an action is associated with. Unlike every other camera I’ve used, UniView cameras add an unnecessary (and redundant) timestamp to this element, making every event a unique event type. Streamie now looks for and removes that timestamp before hashing the remaining values.
- Add a "Push logs" button to the Account tab
- Add Help button to Configure Nest Camera screen (iOS)
- Reduce transcoding bit rate for remote streaming
- Fixes bug where having multiple Modes prevented Camera Actions from working
- Disables recording when using built-in Google Nest API keys
- Improves Streamie on Mac by supporting a layout of ten cameras across
- Fixes a bug where Streamie was not correctly discovering ONVIF devices as IP address changes occurred
- Improves UniView ONVIF event message compatibility
Streamie provides a best-in-class user experience on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Apple Silicon Mac, with an intuitive user interface that makes it simple to discover, stream, record, monitor and share your HomeKit, Google Nest, Ubiquiti UniFi Protect and ONVIF-compatible IP and RTSP cameras. Streamie keeps you informed with motion event notifications and it works with most cameras using its advanced audio and video codec support. You can watch your cameras from anywhere, record 24/7 to your private NAS, remotely manage multiple locations, device permissions and seamlessly synchronize settings across your devices; configure Hubitat smart home automations, live stream to YouTube and rely on the in-app technical support system when you need help (but you can also reach us by phone). Download Streamie today. Lastly, Streamie is solar powered!