I had intended for this release to focus on minor features and improvements along with marketing and business-related optimizations — “spring cleaning” — if you will. It did. It does. But I also discovered an a crash related to audio decoding. I was doing something to spectacularly stupid that I’m shocked audio worked at all, under any circumstances.
Additionally, I found a spike in crashes from v3.14.0 that are maybe related to some 3rd party libraries, so I updated a handful of those in this release as well.
- The "max cameras added" check now takes place when trying to add a specific camera (or camera type), thereby fixing an issue where you could no longer add Shared or Attached cameras after reaching your account limit for non-free camera types.
- When displaying the available PTZ Presets, they are now sorted alphabetically (ignoring case).
- Replaces use of the String type to represent a ticketId with the actual type, SupportTicketIdentifier.
- Adds our phone number (888-747-1377) to the copyright footer of the web Help pages.
- Renames the default shared camera (that each new user gets access to) from a random name to 'Streamie HQ Nature Cam'.
- Updates 3rd party packages: SwifterSwift, AppCenter, SwiftAtomics and PromiseKit. There has been an increase in SwifterSwift-related crashes, and I'm hoping this will help.
- Fixes an audio decoding crash. This was one of those cliche issues where I don't know how it ever worked, considering the breadth and depth of the stupidity of the bug I had introduced.
- Updates Penguin with the new pricing tiers (v202305), which cuts in half the entry level price ($250/yr). Advanced features are al-a-carte now.
Streamie provides a best-in-class user experience on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Apple Silicon Mac, with an intuitive user interface that makes it simple to discover, stream, record, monitor and share your HomeKit, Google Nest, Ubiquiti UniFi Protect and ONVIF-compatible IP and RTSP cameras. Streamie keeps you informed with motion event notifications and it works with most cameras using its advanced audio and video codec support. You can watch your cameras from anywhere, record 24/7 to your private NAS, remotely manage multiple locations, device permissions and seamlessly synchronize settings across your devices; configure Hubitat smart home automations, live stream to YouTube and rely on the in-app technical support system when you need help (but you can also reach us by phone). Download Streamie today. Lastly, Streamie is solar powered!