The most notable changes in v3.12.0 are that the UI changes to the iOS app (primarily in the Home tab navigation) have stabilized, and a couple longstanding issues have finally been squashed.
Also, due to a customer request, we now have a new Module named, “Custom”. Documentation on our JSON format for module layout is forthcoming, but the gist of it is that you can provide a URL that returns some supported JSON, and Streamie will render it in your Module. This could be as simple as a company logo, or the state of some internal service. Expect to see features added to this Module in the near future.
- Improves support for managing multiple locations
- Updates the launch screen storyboard copyright year
- Adds the new "Custom" module that lets you provide a URL that returns compatible JSON to render your content
- Moves the Members screen from Settings to the top-level
- Update-the-app prompts now include a button for jumping to the appropriate App Store page
- Updates the Profile screen to match the new text field style
- Fixes a join-account-with-invite-code failure that could occur under some circumstances [DV]
- Updates the list of Apple device model identifiers and corresponding product names
- Fixes a crash that can occur if you define a Module with a new version of Streamie and then try to use that Module with an old version of Streamie. Don't do that.
- Fixes an issue where object (camera, group, server, ...) deletions did not sync across devices automatically as they should have
- Fixes a bunch of potential crashes with respect to Google Nest support, where the user-provided Integration values are incorrect and cannot be assembled into a valid URL. Common errors are now dynamically handled, like trimming whitespace
- Fixes an issue with the new Main tab UI where we would incorrectly pop() to the root view controller when saving changes in nearly any screen.
- Fixes an issue with the new Main tab UI where hidden objects (cameras, groups, servers) were not being hidden.
- Fixes a longstanding issue where the display layer can enter a state where it never again claims to be ready for frames, and we silently drop frames forever without ever triggering a display layer reset
- Fixes an issue where if the app launched in the background (due to a background notification), the app would end up in an invalid state, preventing API connectivity.
App Store download.
Streamie provides a best-in-class user experience on your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Apple Silicon Mac, with an intuitive user interface that makes it simple to discover, stream, record, monitor and share your HomeKit, Google Nest, Ubiquiti UniFi Protect and ONVIF-compatible IP and RTSP cameras. Streamie keeps you informed with motion event notifications and it works with most cameras using its advanced audio and video codec support. You can watch your cameras from anywhere, record 24/7 to your private NAS, remotely manage multiple locations, device permissions and seamlessly synchronize settings across your devices; configure Hubitat smart home automations, live stream to YouTube and rely on the in-app technical support system when you need help (but you can also reach us by phone). Download Streamie today. Lastly, Streamie is solar powered!